Lowongan Hygiene Promoter
Advertised: 10-11-08 | Closing Date: 9-12-08
The American Red Cross Tsunami Recovery Program (TRP) had been established to direct the organization’s response to the South Asia tsunami disaster. The TRP activities focus on integrated community recovery and preparedness interventions in tsunami affected countries in Asia and East Africa in collaboration with Red Cross and non-Red Cross partners. Please visit www.redcross.org/tsunamirelief
The Indonesia TRP Delegation operates from offices in Banda Aceh, Calang, Lamno. It also has liaison offices in Jakarta, and other areas in Aceh province in collaboration with the Indonesian Red Cross.
The American Red Cross seeks dynamic individuals to fill the :
(Aceh – Banda Aceh)
- Work towards the achievement of American Red Cross goals in the country/region of operation through effective managerial, lateral relations and teamwork.
- Ensure understanding of roles, responsibilities, lateral relationships and accountabilities
- Perform other work related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Ensures good information flow among all American Red Cross programs.
- Conduct field assessment on hygiene practices of the community at initial stage of project and for monitoring purposes through relevant methods
- Working closely in particular with engineering colleagues to strengthen, hygiene promotion component of American Red Cross water and sanitation interventions ensuring that the approaches and methodologies used are targeted in a timely and appropriate way to take account of the priority of the health risks and the varied needs of men, women and children in the affected communities
- Ensure that where possible an empowering approach to working with communities is employed rather than an approach that relies solely on message based methodologies. This will be based on the principle of entitlements, with promotional work involving awareness of beneficiary rights regarding aid
- Take into account at all times American Red Cross gender policy and ensure as much as possible that representatives of all sectors of the community are consulted and involved in program planning and delivery
- Take lead in PHAST training and managing small teams of volunteers and VWSC. This may involve planning work schedules, field based mentoring and supervision and carrying out performance appraisals
- Promote and facilitate the community to form VWSC, formulate VWS agreement and translate it into action plan
- Prepare with VWSC setting up simple management of fund, water facilities maintenance and active campaign for hygiene practices through using local resources
- Participate in PHAST training and other relevant training required for field implementation
- Active in contributing ideas and initiative to improve hygiene promotion techniques
- Present regular written reports on progress against objectives as required by the line manager and ensure that a final report is completed on completion of the contract.
- Depending on the situation, the post holder may be assigned to perform other tasks as requested by the line manager. This job description may change depending on the needs of the program
- A suitable qualification in any related discipline, e.g. public health, community work, Practical experience of hygiene promotion is essential.
- Having 2 years’ practical experience in development in appropriate water supplies, sanitation and hygiene promotion. The post holder should have a good understanding of the public health needs of poor rural and urban communities and of appropriate ways of tackling them
- Good written and spoken Bahasa/Acehnese
- Well developed interpersonal and team skills and proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations
- Reliable team member. Works systematically and with limited supervision. Proficient time management and organizational skills.
- Assumes responsibility for the work of volunteers and other staff.
- Computer and good writing skills, including report writing is essential
- Ability and willingness to travel and work in all areas of Aceh
Please submit your application and curriculum vitae to document.write(‘\u0068\u0072\u0040\u0061\u006D\u0072\u0065\u0064\u0063\u0072\u006F\u0073\u0073\u002E\u006F\u0072\u0067’)firstname.lastname@example.org put Job title in Subject line. Only applications in English and short listed candidates will be notified. Applications submitted after Nov 21, 2008 will not be considered.
No comments yet.